Wow!! You know its been a long time when you can’t remember your password to log in.
I could offer a bunch of hollow reasons why I haven’t bothered to write but… the truth is… I just didn’t.
A lot has been going on… some of which I can blog about, some of which I can’t. But… I’m back. and that’s all that matters… right?
I have… 1 follower. ONE. I’m not big on the whole getting noticed thing but… one… really??
So I thought today I’d tell you a little about me, stuff that you’d for sure probably maybe might want to know about me before deciding if your going to follow me or not.
(Yeah, I got them from a random google search but… don’t judge me! It’s been a hard few months)
* Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Aside from the whole teenage “My life is ending because my boyfriend broke up with me
” stuff? I once found myself 8.5 months pregnant and suddenly VERY alone. I thought that was bad bad very bad. But it turns out it was just the Jerk (as we affectionately call him around here) who left who was bad bad very bad. 100% turned out to be for the best.
* What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? I’m not a party kind of girl. In fact, even in high school, I didn’t really do the party thing. But if I had to pick, I’d say my high school graduation after party… wow… that suddenly sounded VERY pathetic…
* What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? The last book to make me cry was “The Lost Dogs” Michael Vick’s dogs and their tale of rescue and redemption. Even typing the title made me get a little glassy eyed.
* What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? I’m riding that wave right now. It’s a tale of loss, of hurt, of fixing others mistakes, and of doing the right thing even when NO ONE else is. I may fill you in on it some day… but… I may not.
* What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I was a pretty straight arrow as a kid. Being a preachers kid, you have 2 ways to go… act out like devil spawn or follow along (translation: don’t get caught). I can’t really think of anything… *la sigh*….
* When was the last time you had an amazing meal? Food wise, I’m not that picky. What makes an amazing meal for me is the company. The meal that comes to mind right now is Christmas dinner 4 years ago. My dad was still alive, my brother his wife and their clan were there, my cousins, my then boyfriend (now affectionately referred to as “The Hubs”, and our 3 kids… all under one roof. THAT was amazing!
* What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best gift given… probably the 2 elephants The Hubs adopted for me last valentines day ❤ Worst gift given? Pretty much type of Perfume or Flowers. I’m so allergic to almost all varieties of both that a sniff of the wrong stuff can send me to bed for the day with an awful migraine. Thank goodness The Hubs knows which are which 🙂
* What do you miss most about being a kid? Being Care free. The biggest worry back then was what I was going to do on a Friday night. Man… those were some easy years.
* What was the first thing you bought with your own money? I got my first REAL non babysitting job while in college, working the front desk at a women’s shelter. A month later I rented my very first apartment. That was my first real purchase.
* What is something you learned in the last week? I’ve learned a lot in the last week, not all of it good. If I had to pick one thing, I would say that I learned how important it is to tell those you work with how much you appreciate the job they do for you, because you never know when that’s the EXACT thing they need to hear.
* What story does your family always tell about you? If you talk to my mom, guaranteed she’ll tell you about my dad taking me for a ride in the car when I was little and coming back mesmerized because I didn’t stop talking the ENTIRE ride 🙂 Those of you who know Child the Third won’t be too surprised by that one.
Well… that’s it… random things about me that may or may not make you want to come back and hear more. I hope you do come back… because after all… if no ones reading, doesn’t that make me the equivalent of the old lady walking down the street talking to herself? I REALLY don’t want to be that lady 😉